Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Lynch to be Honored by Women’s Image Network
"Glee," "Secretariat" and "Made in Dagenham" also among 2011 WIN Awards nominees for Jan. 18 ceremony.
Elizabeth Taylor and philanthropist Suzanne Fleisher Roberts, mother of Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, will be among the honorees next month at the 2011 Women's Image Network Awards.
WIN founder Phyllis Stuart said Monday that Taylor is being honored for her "artistic genius and her HIV/AIDS activism." The two-time Oscar-winning actress agreed to be honored but is ailing and might not be able to attend the Jan. 18 ceremony in Santa Monica.
Roberts is expected to fly in from Philadelphia, where she is well-known for her philanthropy and work in the arts. The wife of Comcast founder Ralph Roberts, she hosts a cable TV show called Seeking Solutions With Suzanne.
WIN presents awards in 13 categories. The 2011 nominees include Temple Grandin, Glee, Made in Dagenham and Secretariat and actresses Diane Lane, Sally Hawkins, Jennifer Aniston, Maggie Smith, Jane Lynch, Susan Sarandon and Selena Gomez.
Presented since 1993, the WIN awards celebrate film, television and advertising artists who "create dimensional female media images which shape positive public opinion about the value of women and girls."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR