Wonya Lucas Joins TV One as President, CEO
The former evp/COO of Discovery Channel and Science Channel begins Aug. 8.
Wonya Lucas has been tapped as president and CEO of TV One, it was announced Monday.
Lucas will begin her new position on Monday, Aug. 8, succeeding Johnathan Rodgers, who will retire July 31.
Most recently, Lucas served as executive vice president and COO for Discovery Channel and Science Channel, where she oversaw strategy and operations for the networks and the research and marketing departments. She joined Discovery Communications in 2008 as chief marketing officer.
Previously, Lucas has served as evp and general manager of the Weather Channel Networks. She has also worked at Turner Broadcasting System, the Coca-Cola Company and the Clorox Company.
TV One launched in 2004 and offers real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies and music for the African American audience.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR