Wood joins suspects in 'Murders'
MADRID -- Elijah Wood will head the international cast of Spanish director Alex de la Iglesia's much-anticipated English-language whodunit "Oxford Murders," Spanish production house Tornasol Films said Tuesday.
Wood joins previously announced John Hurt in the film, set to start shooting Jan. 22 for nine weeks in London and Oxford, England.
Wood will play a young student who goes to Oxford to study but becomes intrigued by a murder that takes place where he lives. This brings him under the wing of a Sherlock Holmes-style mentor, who uses logic and math symbols to try to stop a series of murders.
"I'm delighted to work with Elijah, who undoubtedly has the most powerful eyes in the industry and who is perfect for the part," de la Iglesia said.
"Oxford," written by Jorge Guerricaechevarria and de la Iglesia, sees the director step outside the black comedy genre that has made him a cult figure in Spain.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues