Wood joins suspects in 'Murders'
MADRID -- Elijah Wood will head the international cast of Spanish director Alex de la Iglesia's much-anticipated English-language whodunit "Oxford Murders," Spanish production house Tornasol Films said Tuesday.
Wood joins previously announced John Hurt in the film, set to start shooting Jan. 22 for nine weeks in London and Oxford, England.
Wood will play a young student who goes to Oxford to study but becomes intrigued by a murder that takes place where he lives. This brings him under the wing of a Sherlock Holmes-style mentor, who uses logic and math symbols to try to stop a series of murders.
"I'm delighted to work with Elijah, who undoubtedly has the most powerful eyes in the industry and who is perfect for the part," de la Iglesia said.
"Oxford," written by Jorge Guerricaechevarria and de la Iglesia, sees the director step outside the black comedy genre that has made him a cult figure in Spain.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR