Woody Allen Goes Pimping in 'Fading Gigolo' Trailer (Video)
John Turturro wrote and directed the film, which will screen at the Toronto Film Festival.
Woody Allen is big pimpin' -- sort of.
The first trailer for Fading Gigolo has debuted, with Allen playing a failed bookseller who takes on some part-time work as a pimp. He builds a business prostituting out John Turturro's character to lonely women.
Along with starring, Turturro wrote and direct the film, which was recently added to the Toronto Film Festival lineup.
Sharon Stone and Sofia Vergara also star as female clients -- who become interested in a threesome.
The comedy is produced by Antidote Films with QED International handling sales.
At the 2012 Toronto Film Festival, Turturro told THR how he snagged the auteur to star in his film.
“I’ve always been a fan of Woody’s,” Turturro said. “I blabbed it to my barber, who cuts his hair."
The mutual barber ended up telling Allen the premise of Fading Gigolo, and Allen was interested.
Watch the trailer above.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR