Woody Allen Son Slams Dad on Father's Day: 'Happy Brother-in-Law's Day'
Ronan Farrow's mother, Mia Farrow, then retweets with one word: "Boom."
Ronan Farrow, son of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow, seized an opportunity on Father's Day to tweet an inappropriate joke to the masses.
"Happy father's day -- or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day," the 24-year-old wrote on Twitter in a post that has since been retweeted more than 1,300 times including by his mother, who responded in one word: "Boom."
In the biggest tabloid scandal of his career, news broke in 1992 that Allen was dating his now-wife Soon-Yi Previn, the adopted daughter of then-girlfriend Farrow and her second husband Andre Previn. After the fact, Ronan allegedly stopped speaking to his director-father.
Allen, who married Soon-Yi in 1997, has since adopted two other children, daughters Bechet and Manzie Tio, with Soon-Yi.
"What was the scandal? I fell in love with this girl, married her. We have been married for almost 15 years now," he told Reuters last year. "There was no scandal, but people refer to it all the time as a scandal and I kind of like that in a way because when I go I would like to say I had one real juicy scandal in my life."
His latest film, To Rome With Love, arrives in theaters on Wednesday.
In a promotional interview over the weekend, Allen addressed questions of celebrity worship -- a central theme of the movie co-starring Alec Baldwin, Ellen Page and Jesse Eisenberg.
"It’s not so terrible,” he said of fame. "The bad stuff is greatly outweighed by the dinner reservations."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott