Woody Allen Responds to Dylan Farrow Abuse Claim
A rep for Allen tells THR the allegations are "untrue and disgraceful."
Woody Allen has responded to allegations made by Dylan Farrow, his adopted daughter with Mia Farrow, that he sexually assaulted her when she was 7.
"Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful. He will be responding very soon," a rep for Allen tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
"[W]hen I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me," she wrote.
Farrow also accused Hollywood of turning a "blind eye" to accusations against Allen. She called out the stars of Allen's Blue Jasmine, asking Alec Baldwin, Cate Blanchett and Louis C.K., "What if it had been your child?"
"Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime. That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up," she wrote, adding: "That torment was made worse by Hollywood. All but a precious few (my heroes) turned a blind eye. Most found it easier to accept the ambiguity, to say, 'who can say what happened,' to pretend that nothing was wrong. Actors praised him at awards shows. Networks put him on TV. Critics put him in magazines."
On Saturday night at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, Blanchett briefly addressed the allegations.
"It's obviously been a long and painful situation for the family and I hope they find some resolution and peace," she said. Allen, who was up for a Writers Guild Award for Blue Jasmine Saturday, did not attend the ceremony, but instead went to a New York Knicks game with wife Soon-Yi Previn, also an adopted daughter of Farrow.
Allen and Mia Farrow ended their relationship in 1992 after allegations of abuse surfaced. He was never convicted of a crime relating to the allegations. A court investigation did not find credible evidence of abuse.