Woody Allen's 'To Rome With Love' Trailer Hits the Web (Video)
The Oscar winner puts together another all-star cast for his latest European film, this time a jaunt through the Italian capital.
Woody Allen's trip to Paris earned him his best-ever box office take, and now the legendary filmmaker is taking his traveling production unit to Rome.
The first trailer for Allen's next film, recently retitled To Rome With Love after initially filming under Nero Fiddled, debuted online Tuesday, teasing a host of big names in a series of storylines tinged with whimsy, comedy and sexual politics.
Jesse Eisenberg plays friend to Alec Baldwin and boyfriend to Greta Gerwig, who invites her best friend (Ellen Page) to visit their Rome apartment after breaking up with her boyfriend. Meanwhile, Penelope Cruz plays a prostitute caught in a misunderstanding and Robert Benigni a man mistaken for a movie star and beleaguered by the press. Allen also appears in the film, as the husband of an unamused Judy Davis, with the pair traveling to Rome to meet their daughter's fiance.
Allen's Midnight in Paris made $148 million worldwide. His previous European efforts include Match Point and Scoop, both of which took place in London, and Vicky Cristina Barcelona, which was set in Spain.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services