Woody Allen's 'Midnight in Paris' Tops Spanish Box Office
With 150,000 tickets sold over the weekend, "Midnight" is Allen's second best opening after "Vicky Cristina Barcelona."
MADRID - Hot off its world premiere as the opening night film at Cannes, Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris earned the top spot at the Spanish box office over the weekend.
Midnight, which sold 410,000 admissions in France since it's opening May 11, sold 150,000 tickets in Spain over its first weekend and earned €1 million ($1.4 million) on 253 copies.
Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Allen's first Spanish produced film, holds its post as his best Spanish opening ever with €2 million over its first weekend, while Match Point was his biggest earner.
The romantic comedy starring Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates, Adrien Brody and Michael Sheen, is produced by Spain's Mediapro, Versatil Cinema and Gravier.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR