Woody Harrelson Is a Big Draw Late Addition to BFI London Film Festival Lineup
The actor is scheduled last minute to deliver a Screen Talk event during the festival.
LONDON – Woody Harrelson is one of two banner late additions to this year’s BFI London Film Festival lineup with the actor scheduled to deliver a Screen Talk event during the festival.
Harrelson is lined up to discuss his role in Oren Moverman’s Rampart, unspooling during the festival and his career to date.
Harrelson plays a corrupt cop struggling to cope with family commitments and relationships while under intense scrutiny from the LAPD and local officials in Moverman’s movie.
Festival organizers also said they have added documentary filmmaker Lucy Walker’s The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom to this year’s lineup and will host an “in conversation” event with Walker.
The documentarian traveled to the north of Japan in the immediate wake of the tsunami in March this year to meet survivors in the hardest hit areas.
Walker, Oscar nominated for documentary Wasteland this year, is expected to talk about her latest work and aims to provide an insight into interviewing techniques for doc work.
The 55th BFI London Film Festival runs Oct. 12 through 27.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR