The Works Distribution Takes 'Greatest Movie Ever Sold' for the U.K.
Doc about the world of film marketing and advertising unspools in territory at the Sheffield Doc/Fest in June.
CANNES -- Morgan Spurlock’s Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, a doc that looks into the world of film marketing and advertising, has persuaded The Works Distribution in the U.K. to buy it for the territory.
Spurlock’s film explores product placement in movies and on television and, according to those marketing and selling it sans irony, “is as much celebration as it is a critique of this now commonplace form of co-promotion.”
The project is set to unspool at the Sheffield Doc/Fest in the U.K. at the beginning of June.
The deal was brokered by The Works CEO Laurence Gornall and Jamie Carmichael president of sales banner Content’s film division.
Spurlock’s Super Size Me is one of only 10 documentaries ever to top £1 million at the U.K. box office.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR