EXCLUSIVE: Works International Inks Deal With Sun Ent. for Tilda Swinton Film 'I Am Love'
The U.K. sales outfit also has sold Lucy Walker's hot doc 'Countdown to Zero' to Paramount Pictures for Japanese rights.
The Works International has sealed a deal with Sun Entertainment for Latin American rights to I Am Love, starring Tilda Swinton. The U.K. sales outfit is also crowing about selling Lucy Walker's hot doc Countdown to Zero to Paramount Pictures for Japanese rights.
Directed by Luca Guadagnino, I Am Love has earned $10 million at the U.S. box office for Magnolia Pictures and flies in the face of accepted AFM lore that European arthouse titles don't cut it here.
Having screened in the market last year, this year's market is all about sealing deals for the picture having sold out in territories such as France, Germany, Italy, South Korea, Spain, the U.K. and North America.
Written and directed by Walker, Countdown to Zero is produced by Lawrence Bender and debuted at Sundance this year before an outing in Cannes.
Fully funded by Jeff Skoll's Participant Media in association with the World Security Institute, the deal reunites Paramount with Participant, with whom they worked on the worldwide rollout of An Inconvenient Truth.
The deal was negotiated by Clare Crean for the Works International and Alexei Boltho for Paramount Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group.
"Paramount is the perfect partner for the film," Crean said. "They enjoyed great success with An Inconvenient Truth and know exactly how to bring this equally important film to as wide an audience as possible in Japan."
Paramount Pictures International president Andrew Cripps said: "Paramount is pleased to have the privilege to be working with Lucy Walker and Participant on this powerful and timely film which has such resonance in Japan."
It is currently on release in the U.S. through Magnolia Pictures and will be released this fall in the U.K. by Dogwoof.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott