The Works Takes 'The Greatest Movie Ever Sold' for the U.K. (Cannes)
Spurlock's film explores product placement in movies and on television.
CANNES -- Morgan Spurlock's Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, a doc that looks into the world of film marketing and advertising, has persuaded The Works Distribution in the U.K. to buy it for the territory.
Spurlock's film explores product placement in movies and on television and, according to those marketing and selling it sans irony, "is as much celebration as it is a critique of this now commonplace form of co-promotion."
The project is set to unspool at the Sheffield Doc/Fest in the U.K. at the beginning of June.
The deal was brokered The Works CEO Laurence Gornall and Jamie Carmichael president of sales banner Content's film division.
Spurlock's Super Size Me is one of only 10 documentaries ever to top £1 million ($1.6 million) at the U.K. box office.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)