Wrekin Hill Picks Up South African Thriller 'iNumber Number'
Universal recently announced plans to remake Donovan Marsh's crime drama.
Wrekin Hill Entertainment has acquired North American rights to the South African-set thriller iNumber Number.
The film, directed by Donovan Marsh and starring S'dumo Mtshali and Presley Chweneyagae, had its world premiere at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival in September.
Wrekin Hill is looking toward a nationwide limited theatrical day-and-date release in the spring of 2014.
The film was produced by Marsh, Quizzical Pictures' Harriet Gavshon, J.P. Potgieter and Mariki van der Walt, and executive produced by Nim Geva and Owen Kessel.
The story follows an honest undercover cop who, after being cheated out of a promotion, crosses over to become a part of a cash-in-transit heist gang.
As The Hollywood Reporter exclusively reported, Universal is planning to remake the film with Chris Morgan Productions and XYZ Films producing.
The deal for iNumber Number was negotiated by Alex Mandell, director of acquisitions, and Rene Cogan, CFO/COO for Wrekin Hill, with Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian for XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR