The Writers Roundtable
The creative process, a WGA debate and how to deliver bad news to Mel Gibson — all in one hour.
Putting six intelligent, opinionated screen writers in a room usually produces one of the most interesting discussions in The Hollywood Reporter’s Awards Season Roundtable Series. But this year’s panel was especially pointed, with spirited debates about the ethics of writing and the effectiveness of the WGA. Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3), Simon Beaufoy (127 Hours), David Lindsay-Abaire (Rabbit Hole), Todd Phillips (Due Date), Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) and John Wells (The Company Men) gathered at Capital Grille in West Hollywood for a conversation moderated by THR’s Matthew Belloni and Stephen Galloway.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR