WWE's Shane McMahon resigns
Leaves family business to pursue outside ventures
NEW YORK -- World Wrestling Entertainment said Friday that executive vp global media Shane McMahon, the son of chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, has tendered his resignation from the family business, effective Jan. 1.
"It has been an incredible experience to help build WWE into a global phenomenon," the young McMahon said. "However, having been associated with this organization for the majority of my life, I feel this is the opportune time in my career to pursue outside ventures."
His mother, Linda, recently gave up the CEO post to run for a U.S. Senate seat in Connecticut.
"Even though I am personally saddened by Shane's decision to leave the company, I am proud of the enormous contributions he has made," said Vince McMahon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)