WWE's Shane McMahon resigns
Leaves family business to pursue outside ventures
NEW YORK -- World Wrestling Entertainment said Friday that executive vp global media Shane McMahon, the son of chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, has tendered his resignation from the family business, effective Jan. 1.
"It has been an incredible experience to help build WWE into a global phenomenon," the young McMahon said. "However, having been associated with this organization for the majority of my life, I feel this is the opportune time in my career to pursue outside ventures."
His mother, Linda, recently gave up the CEO post to run for a U.S. Senate seat in Connecticut.
"Even though I am personally saddened by Shane's decision to leave the company, I am proud of the enormous contributions he has made," said Vince McMahon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR