Wyclef Jean: 'I Have No Idea' Who Shot Me in Haiti
"I got out of the car and heard gunfire… the next day I noticed there was blood on my shirt and speakers," he recalls.
Singer Wyclef Jean isn't sure who fired the bullet that grazed his hand in Haiti over the weekend.
"I got out of the car and heard gunfire," he told music Web site NME. "The next day I noticed there was blood on my shirt and speakers. I have no idea who fired the rounds or whether they were shooting at me."
Jean was shot Saturday night in the city of Delma, just before the country's general election. The former Fugees member attempted to run for president, but called off his bid in September because he had not lived in the country in the run up to the election.
Jean's manager Tweeted: "We have spoken to Wyclef, he is ok. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers."
On Monday, the musician's rep Derek Johnson said in a statement: "Fortunately, Wyclef is fine, undeterred by the incident and looking forward to his return home to finish his forthcoming album."
"You can wound a man, but you can not stop a revolution," added Jean's sister Melky Jean to MTV News on Sunday. "I pray for a peaceful election day. I pray that democracy is restored in Haiti, and there is an end to the violence and suffering."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jesse Metcalfe Has Fun Playing 'Romantic Hero' on 'Dallas'
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner