Wyclef Jean Wasn’t Shot; Cut Hand on Glass, Say Police
10:44 AM PDT 3/21/2011 by Mark Cina
He is recovering after being treated for a a superficial wound in Haiti over the weekend.
Police in Haiti are shooting down reports that Wyclef Jean was shot in Port-au-Prince Saturday, the night before the runoff election that will determine Haiti's new president.Petionville Police Chief Vanel Lacroix tells Reuters Jean cut his hand on glass, according to doctors. Jean told CNN he heard "the sound of the booms" and was "grazed by a bullet." His Fugees bandmate Pras Michel also Tweeted that Jean had been shot but stressed: "Everyone can relax Wyclef is fine... They can't stop us not one bullet or a machine gun!!!!!!!" Jean was treated for a superficial wound at a local hospital and released with a bandaged hand. Jean previously planned to run for president in Haiti, but officials there barred his candidacy since he lives primarily in New Jersey. The results of the runoff election, which is between former first lady Mirlande Manigat and singer Michel Martelly, will be released Apr. 16.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR