'X Factor': Gene Simmons' Daughter Sophie Auditions for Simon Cowell's Show (Report)
Sophie Simmons, who co-stars on A&E's "Gene Simmons: Family Jewels," reportedly tried out for the judges Sunday in San Francisco.
Gene Simmons' daughter is apparently hoping to follow in her father's footsteps.
Sophie Simmons, who co-stars alongside the KISS rocker in A&E's Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, auditioned for Fox's singing competition The X Factor over the weekend, TMZ reported.
Sophie, 19, reportedly showed up at the San Francisco auditions, accompanied by her father, who made a last-minute appearance to support her there Sunday, which also was Father's Day.
TMZ cites sources who said that Sophie told the judges panel -- which includes Simon Cowell, Antonio "L.A." Reid and new additions Britney Spears and Demi Lovato -- that she wanted to be judged on her own merits and not who her father is. There's no word on whether the judges sent her through to the next round.
She's not the only celebrity offspring to try out for a televised singing compeition in recent months. Jim Carrey's daughter Jane Carrey tried out for Fox's American Idol last season; she made it through to the Hollywood round, where she was ultimately cut.
Sophie has starred alongside Simmons and her mom, Shannon Tweed, and brother, Nick Simmons, since 2006.
The second season of X Factor premieres in September.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR