'X Factor' Judge Demi Lovato to Perform at MMVAs in Toronto
The Canadian TV block party also gave the pop singer a nomination in its best international artist competition.
TORONTO – Pop singer and X Factor judge Demi Lovato is set to perform at next month’s MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto, organizers said Thursday.
Canadian cable channel MuchMusic’s annual TV block party on June 16 will feature Lovato a month after her upcoming album Demi, which includes the hit single Heart Attack, debuts on May 14.
The MMVAs, which last year featured performances by Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen and Nelly Furtado, also gave Lovato a nomination in the audience-voting Fave International Artist/Group of the Year competition.
There’s also nods for One Direction, Psy and Taylor Swift.
The Fave Artist/Group of the Year for Canadian talent will be fought over between nominees Jepsen, Bieber, Deadmau5 and Drake.
“I am so excited to perform for the first time at the MMVAs,” said Lovato in a statement Thursday. “I always love coming to MuchMusic and am thrilled to be a part of this year’s show!”
MMVA organizers will make additional talent lineup announcements in the coming weeks.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least