'The X Factor' Partners with Verizon Wireless
Fox's competition show and the wireless company created a new interactive app called "The Xtra Factor."
Fox's new reality singing-competition The X Factor launched Wednesday night to solid ratings.
On Thursday, Verizon Wireless announced its partnership with the show (whose judging panel consists of Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger) as the "official wireless partner of The X Factor."
The combination presents a new, free app for Verizon customers' smartphones, tablets and mobile devices. The app, called The Xtra Factor, will deliver exclusive, behind-the-scenes live streaming video during the show, as well as pre and post-performance videos of the contestants, and tweeting capabiliities.
“I think it’s fantastic that Verizon is giving everyone a chance to watch what’s going on backstage onThe Xtra Factor App and to stay connected with the show and each other,” Cowell said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s comments!”
The app is now available on both the Android Market and iTunes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game