'X Factor' Producer, German TV Boost RTL Group Third-Quarter Financials
Growth in Germany offsets weaker trends elsewhere in Europe as the TV giant's revenue climbs to $1.64 billion.
COLOGNE, Germany - Continued growth in the still-robust German free TV market and the continued global success of production arm FremantleMedia's Got Talent and X Factor TV formats helped parent company RTL Group to improved third-quarter financials.
Revenue for the quarter was up 5.5 percent to $1.64 billion (€1.296 billion), with operating profits (EBITDA) up 5.8 percent tot $209 million (€165 million).
Fremantle and RTL's German operations accounted for the bulk of that growth, with advertising markets in the rest of Europe posting lower revenue for the third quarter.
For the year to date, operating profit is down 9.8 percent to $851 million (€671 million) even as revenue for the first nine months of 2012 increased 4 percent to $5.2 billion (€4.11 billion).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)