Inside Simon Cowell's Luxurious 'X Factor' Trailer (Exclusive Photos)
“It’s like ‘Pimp My Trailer,’” Cowell says of his new digs on the set of the Fox series.
This story appears in the Nov. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
Have you seen those dressing rooms?" grouses Simon Cowell. "The shiny floor, no windows … I've got to be honest, they're the worst I've ever seen."
The X Factor creator is referring to the 12-by-12 standard-issue CBS Television City box he called home on American Idol for seven years (former judge Kara DioGuardi described her room as a "utility closet"). He eventually graduated to a trailer parked on the lot, a predecessor to the 40-ton, two-story, 1,100-square-foot behemoth he's renting this year. Its purpose: to host meetings and provide a private wardrobe and makeup area.
Indeed, Cowell spends as many as six days a week in what he considers a "fully fledged working office," sometimes till as late as 11 p.m. "It's like Pimp My Trailer," says Cowell. No kidding.
Among the highlights: Not one, but three 60-plus-inch 3D TVs, mIrrored ceilings, a Sub-Zero refrigerator, with Italian leather and touch screens throughout.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"