'X Factor' Host Steve Jones Will Not Return for Season 2
UPDATED: Fox confirms to THR the news which was first tweeted by the 34-year-old Welshman, who called his exit "a shame."
X Factor's inaugural host Steve Jones won't be back for season 2, he tweeted on the afternoon of Jan. 30.
"I wont [sic] be hosting next seasons XFactor which is a shame but I cant complain as I've had a great time. Good luck to everyone on the show," wrote the 34-year-old Wales native.
The U.S. version of the show was a challenging task for Jones, who struggled during live episodes which were emotionally charged and often spontaneous. He also drew criticism for his handling of sensitive exits by the likes of Lakoda Rayne and Rachel Crow.
In December, the Hollywood Reporter asked Jones whether he would be returning, to which he responded, “Fingers crossed, I’d love to come back.” Normal protocol, said the six-foot-plus host, “is the show finishes and they assess. If they want me back, great. If they don't, I'll do something else, it’s as simple as that.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR