Former 'X Factor' U.K. Contestant Cher Lloyd Booed off Stage at V Festival
The young singer, who took to Twitter to comment on the incident, was also reportedly hit with bottles of urine.
LONDON - Former X Factor U.K. contestant Cher Lloyd was booed off the stage and hit with bottles of urine during a Sunday performance at the V festival music event in Chelmsford, England, the New Musical Express reported.
Lloyd, known for singing "Swagger Jagger," was booed so loudly that she left the stage a couple of songs into her set at the event sponsored by Virgin Media, according to the report. NME said she later returned and told the audience: "It's hard enough being up here, but it's not nice having bottles of piss chucked at you.
On Twitter, she later wrote: "Thank you so much for all the nice messages, shame that a couple of people had to ruin it.
Added Lloyd: "Unfortunately a glass bottle got thrown at me on stage. Tomorrow is another day, big love to my brats!!!
The V Festival ended Sunday with headline performances by The Stone Roses and The Killers, as well as a performance from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
The festival also made headlines this weekend with news of the death of a young man who was found in a tent in an unresponsive state. There was no suspicion of foul play.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR