Former 'X Factor' U.K. Judge Arrested Amid Drug Suspicions (Report)
Tulisa Contostavlos, recently replaced on the show by the returning Sharon Osbourne, is held by London police after a tabloid alleged she was involved in a drug deal.
LONDON – Former X Factor U.K. judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs, according to a report on commercial broadcaster ITV's website.
Contostavlos, who was replaced on the show's judging panel by the returning Sharon Osbourne prior to the drug investigation, was taken into custody Tuesday.
The British pop star's arrest follows allegations in the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid The Sun that Contostavlos had acted as a go-between in a drug deal by introducing a journalist to an alleged supplier. The report suggested half an ounce of cocaine changed hands as a result of the deal conducted at London's Dorchester Hotel.
Metropolitan Police told ITV that its officers were "considering" information after the publishing of the article on Sunday.Scotland Yard, another name of the Metropolitan Police force, confirmed that a 24-year-old woman had been arrested and remained in custody after the allegations.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR