'X Factor' U.K. Sunday Audience up From Year-Ago Episode
But the ratings for ITV's fourth episode of the 10th season of the Simon Cowell music competition fell below the previous week.
LONDON – The X Factor Sunday edition on U.K. network ITV peaked with 10.7 million viewers and drew an average audience of 9.6 million viewers.
ITV said the figures gave the Simon Cowell music competition the highest peak audience of the weekend. The average viewership for the fourth episode of the 10th season was also up by more than 1 million from the fourth episode of 2012, it said.
But the ratings dropped from the first Sunday episode of the season a week earlier. That show had peaked with 11.2 million viewers and drawn an average audience of 9.9 million.
On Saturday, BBC celebrity dancing show Strictly Come Dancing kicked off its 11th season with higher ratings than last year, beating out X Factor in average viewership. In terms of peak ratings, the picture was more mixed.
X Factor has been losing viewers in the past couple of seasons without Cowell as one of the judges. This season, it introduced some format tweaks.
The show's judges are Take That star Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!