'X Factor' Winner Tate Stevens to Perform on Fox's New Year's Eve Special
"American Idol's" Phillip Phillips was originally set to take the stage for the Dec. 31 telecast.
Fox is making a slight change in its New Year's Eve lineup, swapping out one singing competition winner for another.
American Idol season 11 victor Phillip Phillips, who was announced as a performer earlier this month, will no longer take the stage alongside Lifehouse and Carmen Electra on Dec. 31. Instead, the recently-crowned The X Factor winner Tate Stevens will perform.
Marlon Wayans will host the New Year's Eve Live! broadcast, taking place from Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
Stevens, the 37-year-old country singer from Missouri, was mentored by L.A. Reid and took home the X Factor title, winning a $5 million record deal with Sony Music. He beat out Carly Rose Sonenclar and Fifth Harmony.
New Year's Eve Live! is executive produced by Bob Bain, produced by Paul Flattery and directed by Michael Dempsey.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera