YA Author Gayle Forman Sets Next Book
12:49 PM PST 11/21/2013 by Andy Lewis
"I was Here" follows a teen girl as she explores her best friend's suicide.
Best-selling YA author Gayle Forman has a new book coming.
our editor recommends
I was Here will arrive in early 2015, publisher Viking/Penguin Young Readers Group announced.
The novel follows Cody Reynolds in the months following her best friend Meg's shocking suicide. As Cody investigates Meg’s secret life in search of answers, she learns more about herself, discovering new strengths but also vulnerabilities that test her abilities to the fullest.
Chloe Grace Moretz is starring in the currently shooting movie version of Forman's earlier book, If I Stay, which is being directed by R.J. Cutler for MGM.
The 2009 book, which is about a teen girl reflecting on her life while in a coma following a car accident, has been described as a YA echo of Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones.
Forman is represented by Michael Bourret at Dystel & Goderich. Ken Wright acquired for Viking/Penguin.
Brandy Rivers at Gersh is handling film rights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'