Yahoo! Canada Hires Claude Galipeau as Canadian Topper
The media veteran will head up sales and operations for the U.S. digital giant north of the border.
TORONTO -- Yahoo! Canada has hired digital media veteran Claude Galipeau as its new Canadian point-man.
Galipeau was named country manager of Yahoo! Canada, responsible for local sales and operations, based in Toronto.
He was most recently chief service officer at Toronto-based social media agency Syncapse, and before that completed executive stints at Rogers Media, Astral Media and the CBC.
His Yahoo! Canada appointment was announced by Mark Ellis, Yahoo! vp of North America sales.
"He has a proven record of leading teams to success in digital product, editorial and sales operations, and we believe he's the perfect fit to drive our vision and grow Yahoo!'s business in Canada," Ellis said in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack