Yahoo! India Launches Online Bollywood 'Movieplex'
Advertiser-supported service to include recent titles such as 'Rock On!' sourced from leading Bollywood banners.
NEW DELHI -- Yahoo! India announced the launch of “Movieplex," an online advertiser-supported video service allowing users licensed, full-length Bollywood movies from leading studios, for free. The move follows the recent launch of YouTube Box Office, which also offers Bollywood blockbusters for free in partnership with top banners.
Yahoo! India's Movieplex will offer recent titles such as musical caper Rock On!, political drama Rann and romcom Dil To Baccha Hai Ji.
“Over 30 million Internet users consume 1.7 billion videos every month across India (according to comScore January 2011 figures). Movieplex is an example of how Yahoo! connects people to what matters to them the most and Indian movie lovers now have the best full-length movies available to them at their convenience,” said Yahoo! India MD Arun Tadanki.
Movieplex has also been designed for sharing on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter making it easy for users to recommend their favorite movies to others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)