Yahoo Shutters Four Entertainment Blogs
The online firm is pulling the plug on The Projector, The Set, The Amplifier and The Famous, but says it remains committed to entertainment content.
NEW YORK - Yahoo has decided to shutter four entertainment blogs, the online company said Friday.
Movie blog The Projector and TV blog The Set, music-focused The Amplifier and gossip site The Famous are the sites on which Yahoo is pulling the plug.
Mark Lisanti, a former Movieline.com writer and Defamer editor who joined Yahoo last year to oversee new entertainment blogs as deputy editor, tweeted: "Yeah, so: Yahoo's shutting down our blogs. (Oh, and us.) Couldn't be more honored and proud to have worked with such talented people..."
Sibyl Goldman, vp Yahoo Entertainment, said in a statement: "We are continuing to invest in original content and expert voices on the entertainment topics the fans want most, such as Awards Season, first looks at blockbuster movies and Red Carpet Fashion, including welcoming Oscars expert Thelma Adams earlier this week."
Yahoo has also continued to invest in premium video content, such as female-targeted online video series announced this fall.
"With over 80 million users across all of Yahoo's entertainment properties, we remain committed to delivering the highest quality, premium experiences for both users and advertisers," Goldman said, citing comScore data.
It was not immediately clear how many staffers were affected by the shutdown of the sites.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR