Yash Raj Films Launches Youth Banner Y-Films
Veteran Bollywood banner focuses on youth-centric films
NEW DELHI -- Veteran Bollywood banner Yash Raj Films has launched “a youth films studio,” Y-Films described in a statement as a “dynamic, vibrant start-up at the intersection of films, creativity and youth culture that hopes to challenge the norm and detonate boundaries.”
Y-Films is headed by a former senior executive at MTV India, Ashish Patil who said, “Y-Films promises to deliver kick ass films of the youth, by the youth, for the youth. And be a platform for new talent -- both on screen and behind the scenes -- who will challenge, break and set new rules of story telling.”
Y-Films’ first offering is Luv Ka The End (The end of love), an “anti rom-com,” releasing 6 May. The largely fresh cast features actress Shraddha Kapoor.
The Y-Films slate aims to cover all genres such as thrillers, comedies, chick-flicks and capers “with some really fresh music." Considering that over 70 percent of India’s population is below the age of 35, YRF says the youth market is “too big an audience to ignore.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR