Yes, Berlin (Still) Matters
6:00 AM PST 1/31/2012 by Scott Roxborough
Every year, organizers of the Berlin International Film Festival hear the same complaints: 'Not enough stars!' 'Too artsy!' But don't be fooled -- the A-listers will be out in force (Pattinson? Check. Angelina? Check.), the films will go on to awards-season glory, and the European Film Market will be a dealmaking juggernaut.
Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the frigid Berlin winter that inspires critics to repeat the same bitter litany year after year about the Berlinale, that there are no stars, no good films, no new ideas.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR