Yes, That is Actually Steve Carell: 'Foxcatcher' Trailer Debuts
Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, and Sienna Miller star alongside the comedic actor, who switches gears for “Moneyball” director Bennett Miller's Jon du Pont biopic.
Steve Carrell has always balanced his broad comedy vehicles with darker material that tests his dramatic capabilities. The man has range, although in Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher, the actor is pushing himself into a whole new arena. This is a Steve Carrell we've never seen before -- and not just because he's undergone a transformative makeover.
With greying hair, baggy clothing, and a prosthetic nose, Carrell plays millionaire John du Pont, whose notorious relationship with Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler Dave Schultz (Mark Ruffalo) ended with the grisly demise of the professional athlete.
Dave's brother Mark, played by Channing Tatum in the film, later wrote an autobiography on which the film is based. Sienna Miller, Vanessa Redgrave, and Anthony Michael Hall round out the cast.
Director Bennett Miller (Capote, Moneyball) directs Foxcatcher, a project he had been developing since 2007 before Megan Ellison and Annapurna Pictures stepped with financial support.
Sony Classics will distribute the film on December 20, 2013.
UPDATE: The trailer, which was posted to Regal Cinemas official site, has been removed at request of the studio. THR will replace it as soon as it is officially released.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR