Young Canadians View More Web Content Than Television (Survey)
A CTAM Canada report reveals streaming content on computers exceeds TV watching among 18-39 year-olds, reflecting the increasing dominance of computers in the lives of Canadians.
TORONTO - Young Canadians now spend more time viewing video content on the Internet than watching TV.
A report on multi-tasking by 18-39 year-olds released by CTAM Canada revealed TV remains the leading viewing medium overall.
But streaming content on the computer now exceeds TV watching among 18-39 year olds, reflecting the increasing dominance of computers in the lives of Canadians.
Adding to the Internet vs. TV debate, the CTAM Canada survey said 18-39 year-olds report viewing more video content owing to multiple screens, including iPads and other tablets.
Canadian broadcasters in recent years have chased TV viewers online as earlier surveys, including from Neilsen and comScore, underscore growing online video-viewing and time spent on the Internet by consumers.
The CTAM Canada survey indicated TV viewers that have cut the cord report greater use of computers to stream video content and TV shows available online.
And multi-tasking while watching TV is more common among 18-39 year-olds, as they surf the Internet, check email, visit social networking sites or play online games.
The industry survey said multi-tasking is expected to grow still further as on-the-go Canadians take to mobile smartphones and tablets to view content.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game