'Young and the Restless' Star Sues Scientologist Chiropractor for Refusing to Treat Him After He Left the Church (Report)
Michael Fairman, who claims he was blacklisted by church leaders after expressing misgivings about the movement, also accuses her of refusing to release his family's medical records.
A soap star is claiming that a chiropractor who practices Scientology has refused to treat him and his family because he left the church earlier this year.
Michael Fairman, who has played Patrick Murphy on CBS' The Young and the Restless since 2008, has sued the chiropractor, whom he claims wrote him a letter informing him she would no longer treat him or his family, TMZ reported.
Fairman joined the Church of Scientology in 2003 but later began having misgivings about the movement. Its leaders reportedly then blacklisted him and his family and labeled them as "suppressive persons," or those people whose actions are said to be disruptive to the religion.
In his lawsuit, Fairman also accuses the chiropractor of refusing to give him a copy of his family's medical records.
Fairman, who also has appeared on soaps including Ryan's Hope and General Hospital, recently had a multi-episode arc on FX's Sons of Anarchy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR