Young Spanish Talent to Star in Dystopian Thriller 'Vulcania'
The film from Zentropa Spain and two co-production partners is set to start shooting in May.
MADRID -- Hot young Spanish talents Miquel Fernandez and Aura Garrido will star in Spanish-language thriller Vulcania to be produced by Zentropa.
Based on Diego Soto’s original screenplay, the film will be the directorial debut of Jose Skaf. Zentropa Spain, Zentropa Sweden and France’s Film 1Vast will partner on the production.
According to lead producer David Matamoros, the thriller-drama is set in an industrial dystopia from which nobody escapes.
The film is set to start shooting in May in Spain and has attached two of the fastest-rising young Spanish actors to star. Fernandez previously was featured in Family United and The End, while Garrido was in The Body and Stockholm.
The film project was part of the Paris-based showcase “Small is Biutiful”, backed by the Cannes Market. In Spain, the film has the support of public broadcasters TVE and TV3, the Spanish Film Institute, the Catalan Film Institute and Ibermedia, among others.
Zentropa Spain currently is in postproduction on Sonia Sanchez's Girls Shouldn’t Play Soccer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws