YouTube Series 'Dick Figures' to Release Kickstarter-Financed Film
Following 350 million views on YouTube and raising $300,000 through the funding platform, the movie will be available on Sept. 17.
The outrageous YouTube series, Dick Figures, created in 2010 by Ed Skudder and Zack Keller has spawned a 73-minute film called Dick Figures: The Movie, which will be distributed beginning Sept. 17.
Following 350 million views on YouTube and raising $300,000 on Kickstarter, Skudder and Keller's film will be released on major digital platforms with both ad-supported and paid options.
"We're going to make sure anyone and everyone has access to the movie at some point this year, whether they can pay for it or not," says Aaron Simpson, vp animation & business development at Mondo Media. "But our Kickstarter backers will get to see it first, an exclusive privilege they paid for last summer."
Since its inception, Dick Figures has acquired a cultlike following on the Internet. The series follows dysfunctional stick figures Red and Blue as best friends who continually make bad decisions, forcing them into uncomfortable situations. In the feature film, Red and Blue embark on a journey across the globe in order to secure a precious treasure.
Dick Figures: The Movie can also be preordered for $15 on the film’s website.
The project’s distributor, Mondo Media, and production company, Six Point Harness, teamed up with YouTube/Google, Cinedigm and Yekra for distribution.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR