Zac Efron's 'The Lucky One' to Hit Theaters on August 24, 2012
Warners sets release date for the latest film to be adapted from a Nicholas Spark novel.
Warners will release The Lucky One, starring Zac Efron and Taylor Thibault, on Aug. 24, 2012.
The latest addition to the studio's 2012 release schedule is based on the Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name and stars Efron as a Marine who attributes the fact that he's survived three tours of duty in Iraq to a photograph he carrries of a woman he doesn't know. Returning to the states, he sets out to find her.
Scott Hicks (Shine) is directing the film, which also stars Blythe Danner.
Efron can next be seen in Garry Marshall's ensemble rom-com, New Year's Eve, a follow up to his 2010 holiday themed hit, Valentine's Day.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10