Zach Braff on Web Hacking Hoax: Yep, I'm Still Straight
The actor says he loves his girlfriend, "musicals, brunch and 'Doogie Howser.' "
Zach Braff is the latest high-profile hacking victim.
At 3:58am EST Wednesday, his official website was compromised and updated with a phony post from the actor declaring, "I am excited and proud to announce that I am an open member of the homosexual community."
The full "statement," captured via a screen grab on TMZ.com, began with the flowery pronouncement, "I have been hiding this secret inside me for too long...The human mind can only bare so much before it explodes in emotions, and well...it is time I let the world know."
Braff’s rep has confirmed to numerous sources including CNN and E! News that the actor’s site was indeed hacked and that the actor is still straight. His rep also mentions that the site has been inactive since 2006.
Further confirming his sexual orientation as straight, Braff who is best known for his work on Scrubs and Garden State, posted on his official Facebook page: “My old website got hacked. Someone issued a 'coming out' statement on my behalf. I'm still straight and in love with my girlfriend. But not too straight; I still love musicals, brunch and Doogie Howser.”
The Zachbraff.com homepage has since been changed to an ad for All New People, a comedy written by Braff now playing at New York's Second Stage Theatre.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!