Zach Braff's Kickstarter Closes With $3.1 Million in Pledged Funds
Kate Hudson, Mandy Patinkin and Josh Gad have been cast in "Wish I Was Here."
Zach Braff's Kickstarter project closed on Friday with over $3.1 million in pledged funds from over 46,000 supporters.
The Garden State filmmaker launched a project to raise money for a new film, titled Wish I Was Here, on the crowdfunding website on April 24. Within days, he hit his goal of $2 million in pledged funds.
The success led to the project getting additional gap financing at Cannes Film Festival, provided by Worldview Entertainment.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I won't let you down! Lets do this," the filmmaker wrote Friday on Twitter.
Kate Hudson, Jim Parsons, Josh Gad (1600 Penn) and Mandy Patinkin (Homeland) have all been cast in the film.
In addition to crowdfunded financing, Braff has stated that he also expected to invest his own money in the production.
Braff starred in the long-running sitcom Scrubs. He was reportedly paid $350,000 an episode for the 2007-2008 year of the ABC series.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short