Zach Braff's Kickstarter Closes With $3.1 Million in Pledged Funds
Kate Hudson, Mandy Patinkin and Josh Gad have been cast in "Wish I Was Here."
Zach Braff's Kickstarter project closed on Friday with over $3.1 million in pledged funds from over 46,000 supporters.
The Garden State filmmaker launched a project to raise money for a new film, titled Wish I Was Here, on the crowdfunding website on April 24. Within days, he hit his goal of $2 million in pledged funds.
The success led to the project getting additional gap financing at Cannes Film Festival, provided by Worldview Entertainment.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I won't let you down! Lets do this," the filmmaker wrote Friday on Twitter.
Kate Hudson, Jim Parsons, Josh Gad (1600 Penn) and Mandy Patinkin (Homeland) have all been cast in the film.
In addition to crowdfunded financing, Braff has stated that he also expected to invest his own money in the production.
Braff starred in the long-running sitcom Scrubs. He was reportedly paid $350,000 an episode for the 2007-2008 year of the ABC series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws