Zach Galifianakis, HBO Ink First-Look Deal
The first project from the comedian, who currently stars in “Bored to Death,” will be a pilot presentation starring Brody Stevens.
Zach Galifianakis has scored a first-look deal with HBO where he currently stars in the network’s Jonathan Ames comedy Bored to Death.
The comedian and Hangover star’s first project for the premium cable network will be a pilot presentation starring comedian Brody Stevens.
Stevens, a former amateur baseball player, will play himself in a mockumentary-style comedy with Galifianakis also appearing.
The two became acquainted on the standup circuit and Stevens had a small role in The Hangover.
Galifianakis and Mike Gibbons (Tosh.0, Talkshow With Spike Feresten) will write and produce the presentation.
Galifianakis is repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and Morris, Yorn, Barnes.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR