Zach Galifianakis: Jennifer Aniston Vetoed Brad Pitt Look-alike for Funny or Die Skit (Video)
"She looked at me like, 'What the f--k?'" jokes Galifianakis, who instead had Tila Tequila appear in their "Between Two Ferns" bit.
Jennifer Aniston wasn't laughing at Zach Galifianakis' idea to have a Brad Pitt look-alike appear in a Funny or Die parody.
"I had found this guy [in our hotel] who looked exactly like Brad Pitt. I wanted to use that in some way," Galifianakis, 42, said at the New Yorker Festival (via UsMagazine.com) over the weekend. "I said, 'Jennifer, I have this guy who looks like Brad Pitt. I want to make it seem like I think it's him.'"
"She looked at me like, 'What the f--k?'" he admitted. "And I totally agreed with her. How rude of me to do that! Why would she want to talk about that? She get inundated with that sh-t all the time. I totally understood."
Too bad Galifianakis had already booked the Pitt doppleganger and had to "tell him sorry that we couldn't do the bit."
Galifianakis says that usually "people are pretty game" when they appear on his psuedo-awkward interview bit, Between Two Ferns. "It's a fun, stupid thing to do."
Instead, Galifianakis hired former MTV reality star Tila Tequila, 29, to appear in the skit (watch below). Galifianakis chooses Tequila's come-ons over Aniston, causing Aniston to stomp off the set.
Pitt and Aniston — who divorced after five years of marriage — have recently been in the news again after Pitt said he “wasn’t living an interesting life” and “my marriage had something to do with it” while promoting Moneyball. Later, he admitted, “I've got a knack for stepping into s--t.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama