Zach Galifianakis Reveals 'Hangover' 3 Details
Plot could ditch the format of the first two films and center on his character escaping from an asylum with help from the wolf pack, he tells "Rolling Stone."
In the new Rolling Stone, Zach Galifianakis talks about plans for a third installment of The Hangover. "They want to do a Hangover III," he tells the magazine. "I'm getting fricking phone calls already."
The Hollywood Reporter recently reported that Warner Bros. is beginning to get the creative gang together and that Craig Mazin, who co-wrote the Bangkok-set sequel, is in early talks to come back to write the new script.
Story details are being kept secret. Though it is possible the notorious funnyman could be joking, Galifianakis tells Rolling Stone that he has heard that the plot ditches the format of the first two films and focuses on his character, the oddball Alan, escaping from a mental institution with help from the wolf pack (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms).
Talk of a third move surfaced several weeks ago when Part II was tracking off the charts. (When recently asked about a third installment, a Warners spokesperson had no comment, although a high-level executive told THR that a third movie is all but a given.)
The Hangover II is now the highest grossing comedy ever. Thanks to stellar box office business overseas last weekend, it now has a whopping worldwide cume of $338.4 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR