Zack Snyder adds two to 'Sucker Punch!'
Jamie Chung, Jena Malone join all-female action fantasy
Jamie Chung and Jena Malone have snagged starring roles in "Sucker Punch!" Zack Snyder's all-female action fantasy for Warner Bros.
Chung and Malone join Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens and Abbie Cornish in the pic, which Snyder is directing and producing with his Cruel & Unusual Films partner, wife Deborah Snyder.
Set in the 1950s, "Sucker" centers on a girl confined to a mental institution by her evil stepfather, who intends to have her lobotomized in five days. While there, she imagines an alternate reality to hide from the pain and in that world begins planning her escape, needing to steal five objects to help get her out.
Several actors have been in talks and negotiations to star in the movie, including Amanda Seyfried, Evan Rachel Wood and Emma Stone, but have fallen away because of scheduling conflicts.
Chung, replacing Stone, plays Amber, a country girl with a big heart. Malone, taking Wood's part, plays Cornish's younger sister. Both characters are inmates.
Chung, repped by Gersh and Kritzer Levine Wilkins Entertainment, next appears in Summit's horror remake of "Sorority Row" and the ensemble indie drama "Burning Palms."
Gersh-repped Malone next appears in the Iraqi war drama "The Messenger."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR