Zack Snyder's Superman Movie 'Man of Steel' Moved to June 14, 2013
The Warner Bros. film, starring Henry Cavill, was originally scheduled for a December 2012 release.
Superman fans waiting for Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel to fly into theaters will have to wait six months longer than they originally expected.
Warner Bros., which initially penciled in the movie for a tentative December 2012 release, announced Thursday that the movie now has an official opening date of June 14, 2013.
The move appears to come as the studio reviews its overall release slate. It had never committed the Superman tale to a specific date in 2012 and now that it also has Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey set to open on Dec. 14, 2012, it decided to space out its tentpoles and move Man of Steel into 2013.
The Warners/Legendary Pictures production starts filming this summer with British actor Henry Cavill playing Clark Kent/Superman. The cast also includes Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe.
Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film, which will be distributed worldwide by Warners. The screenplay is by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack