Ziggy Marley, Jennifer Hudson, Lenny Kravitz to Lead Bob Marley Week on 'Fallon'
The 30th anniversary of the reggae legend's death will be honored on the late-night show starting May 9.
Ziggy Marley, Chris Cornell, Jennifer Hudson, Jakob Dylan and Lenny Kravitz will pay tribute to Bob Marley on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon next week. The tribute to Marley, which begins May 9, honors the 30th anniversary of his death.
Ziggy Marley, the oldest son of the reggae legend, will talk about his father in addition to performing. Soundgarden singer Cornell will perform May 10, Hudson is on the 11th, Dylan on the 12th and Kravitz on the 13th. None of the songs being performed have been announced, nor have specifics on how the show's house band, the Roots, will be involved.
Anheuser-Busch is sponsoring the week and Universal Music Enterprise will be promoting its recent release of Marley's final concert held at the Stanley Theatre in Pittsburgh, Pa., on Sept. 23, 1980.
Ziggy Marley's next album, "Wild and Free," is due out June 14. Cornell will release a solo live acoustic album in the fall.
For more on the "Business of Bob Marley," check out Billboard's cover story published in February.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR