Zodiak acquires RDF, names new CEO
Deal expands presence; David Frank is new Zodiak chief
Zodiak Entertainment has acquired reality production company RDF Media Group and elevated RDF topper David Frank to Zodiak Entertainment CEO.
The Paris-based Zodiak announced the acquisition of RDF early Wednesday morning, along with Frank taking the role of CEO of Zodiak Entertainment. Lorenzo Pellicioli, CEO of De Agostini Group and chairman and CEO of Zodiak, will continue to serve as chairman of the company.
"The content business is both changing rapidly and becoming more global by the day and this is a huge opportunity to be at the very heart of this revolution," Frank said. "In my opinion, to succeed you need two things: brilliant creative executives and scale. This deal delivers both, and I am confident that the Zodiak management team can build a world-beating company."
The deal helps expand Zodiak's presence, which now includes production and content distribution across Europe, the U.S. and South America.
"With the acquisition of RDF Media Group, the consolidation process of Zodiak is complete," Pellicioli said. "Zodiak, with its strong international footprint and its presence in all entertainment formats, is today one of the main content producers in the world."
Zodiak was created by De Agostini via the acquisition in 2007 of the Magnolia Group in Italy/Spain and the Marathon Group in France, as well as the acquisition of Zodiak Television across several territories in 2008.
According to the company, Zodiak is about 71% owned by De Agostini with the remaining 29% owned by Zodiak Managers (including RDF managers) and funds managed by Cyrte Investments BV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR