Zodiak Americas Taps Stefanie Gélinas as SVP of New Creativity and Innovation Unit
The executive comes to Zodiak Media's stateside outpost from Talpa Content, previously working at Endemol Germany and FremantleMedia.
Zodiak Americas, an arm of Zodiak Media, announced Friday the launch of a stateside outpost for its creativity and innovation unit. The company has also tapped Talpa Content's Stefanie Gélinas to lead the initiative as SVP.
Gélinas, who reports to CEO Jonny Slow and London-based C&I director Cathy Rogers, will work with internal producers and the 45 production companies Zodiak partners with worldwide.
“For a company our size, it’s essential that we have a team like the C&I Unit to connect the different parts of the group together in a creative dialogue,” said Slow. “With her background in international format development and sales, Stefanie is the perfect addition to the C&I Unit and will ensure that their work remains relevant and valuable to Zodiak’s producers in both North and South America.”
Zodiak just launched its Americas division last summer, combining existing production businesses in North, Central and South America in an effort to increase its investment in the region. ABC’s Secret Millionaire and Celebrity Wife Swap and truTV’s Hardcore Pawn are among the company's signature stateside offerings.
“It’s great to have the resources of the C&I Unit at our fingertips,” said Zodiak USA CEO Natalka Znak. “Having Stefanie here will ensure that we get the best ideas and formats from the group to the American market.”
Gélinas comes to Zodiak Americas' Santa Monica office from John de Mol's Talpa Content USA, where she most recently served as managing director. Previously, she served as VP of development at Endemol Germany and VP of development and strategy for FremantleMedia.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott