Zodiak France Announces Development Deal With Blush Film
Zodiak will work with the newly launched production company on dramas, comedies and procedural shows.
PARIS – Zodiak Media’s French division is strengthening its fiction section, announcing a development deal with Blush Film, the newly launched production company of former TF1 supervisor of drama Karine Evrard. Blush Film will develop its drama projects exclusively with Zodiak France, focusing on scripted projects, including four unannounced drama, comedy and procedural-show concepts that are currently in the works.
Evrard is working on those shows with Marathon’s Yann Chassard. A Zodiak production company, Marathon developed France’s popular soap opera export Sous le Soliel (Under the Sun in Saint-Tropez), M6’s Suspicious and France 2’s Mystery at the Moulin Rouge. Marathon is also producing the highly anticipated international co-production Versailles for Canal Plus. The English-language period drama will be written by Criminal Minds’ Simon Mirren and Spooks’ creator David Wolstencroft.
International powerhouse Zodiak is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Los Angeles, Milan, Stockholm and Moscow.
Evrard was with TF1 since 1994, first as head of development for kids, then on the drama development team as program manager and eventually as supervisor. She left TF1 in Oct. 2012 to launch Blush Film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR